Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy Night
I decided to break out the bread machine this past Tuesday night. At work it was our teams turn to provide snacks for Hump Day. Hump day is held every Wednesday and its a breakfast where each team takes turn brining breakfast items. Personally… I love it! Snacks, visits, snacks… where do you go wrong?

Anyways, I had a grand idea to make these adorable cinnamon buns pull apart muffin things. They may have been the most beautiful little things I have ever seen. My buns never turn out this fluffy, usually they are kind of heavy, but I'm getting the hang of it.  Anyways, here are the steps to make these pull aparts.

Make your favourite bread machine dough recipe. There’s a sweet bread recipe in my book that is my go to for cinnamon buns, my machine also has a dough setting so it mixes and does the first rising cycle.

IMG_9253

When it’s done it’s first rising cycle take it out and cut little thumb sized balls. Roll each ball in butte, and then cinnamon and brown sugar.

IMG_9256

Place 4-5 dough balls in each muffin tin ( I sprayed mine just to be safe, everything came out easy)

IMG_9263

Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place ( I took the dog for a run, maybe 45 minutes… I just kind of guessed they doubled in size)

IMG_9264

Bake at 350 degrees until they are golden brown on top.

IMG_9266

Let cool until you can handle them. I topped them off with cream cheese icing that kind of melted into all the cracks…. ENJOY!

IMG_9267

So really, this is kind of time consuming but the bread machine did most of the work, but I also had a cake order for the next day as well. My friends last day before going on maternity leave was on Wednesday so I needed to come up with something gender neutral… I think yellow is the only gender neutral colour… red maybe, orange, I don't know yellow seemed to fit the bill.

IMG_9268

This is what I came up with. The bottom layer is chocolate cake filled with chocolate cream and fresh strawberries (yum!) and the top layer and giant cupcake is red velvet.

IMG_9270

All and all it was a pretty busy 4 hours after work. Cinnamon pull aparts, run the dog, and bake and decorate a cake. Remind me not to do that again! It took me forever to wind down to go to bed, but everything turned out great. At least I think it did. I didn't eat ANY of this. Seriously, wedding dress diet is killing me. But I made up for it today because I had to go to Picture Butte for a dentist appointment and had to make a stop at the bakery there… 3 glazed donuts and a pepperoni cheese bun later I think it all balanced out.

IMG_9273(I should have added a picture of my happy little dog that actually got walked for a change in the corner to sum up the night but the baked goodies will have to do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment