Monday, May 23, 2011

Cookies Everywhere!

 

I have wanted to attempt royal icing for a while. I need to work on my piping skills and this is the icing I would need to use. Royal icing is made from icing sugar, meringue powder (powdered egg whites pretty much), and water. It hardens like cement and is used to make fancy swags and details on wedding cakes. 

In my searching for technique I came across numerous websites on cookie decorating. My favourite being http://sweetsugarbelle.blogspot.com/

So having a long weekend and some spare time on my hands I decided to attempt sugar cookies.

IMG_9396IMG_9399

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They turned out great but I defiantly thinned out my icing a little too much but I got the idea. There is no limit to the things you can design on cookies with this icing. I fell in love with the owls from a website I saw and they were SUPER easy to make. The rest are just fun flowers and squiggles to use up the reset of the icing and cookies.

IMG_9402IMG_9403

IMG_9407IMG_9405

IMG_9408

My biggest problem with these… what am I supposed to do with them now? I made 40! I hope everyone at work tomorrow is ready for some cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment