Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bad Blogger and Lakie Cheer



Every single day my morning routine involves checking all of the fantastic blogs that I follow... Joy the Baker, Our Best Bites, The Girl Who ate Everything, Cupcakes Take the Cake, etc. I envy how well these women can all write down their adventures in baking and cooking and make it so interesting... and then I remember... oh ya, I have one of these... I wish it was as cool as theirs. I guess getting good would actually involve writing something along with the pictures I manage to post every once and a while. Honestly, you guys (and by you guys, I mean probably just my mother and Corey who read this blog… hi mom, hi Corey) are missing out on a lot because I just simply forget to take pictures of some cake creations... and that's stupid... like really!


Anyways, so after sitting through 7+ hours of a Professional Learning Day today we heard this motivational speaker talking about lots of random things but the part that stuck out to me was that if you want something you have to go for it or else how will it happen… Duh. My mind immediately goes to "I should open a bakery" and then I shake my head and realize that honestly, I wouldn’t enjoy doing that if it was my job, I know I wouldn’t, it would be stressful and I don’t do stressful, like, at all.

So sitting there during the second speaker my mind wandered into a million different places thinking about why I couldn’t answer the questions she was asking of us about our 'happiness'... I’m so not that deep. Even people that are all philosophical like that kind of make me laugh, but whatever... we all need something... I have buttercream. Anyways I though one of the highlights of my day is checking the blogs… and that I should try… so here I am trying.
From this moment I dedicate to writing something down along with all the pictures I post. And now that you have read this (mom Corey) you have to hold me to it. So here it goes.

* * *

This cake was made for the Lakie Cheer Team. If you haven’t heard about how amazing these girls are you are living under a rock… they are CRAZY awesome. Crazy. I have even told their amazing coach Liat that I would never be on her cheer squad as there is not enough money in the world to make me focus that hard on something. Liat is amazing like I can’t even explain. I love her. Love. Love. Love. The amount of time and energy that goes into this team is ridiculous… and she’s preggers… and never misses a beat. Love.

I actually had the opportunity to go with these girls on a trip to Phoenix where they competed against loads of American teams. The girls ROCKED it and won like that champs they are. They also got to perform at a Phoenix Suns basketball game, so cool… and they ROCKED it. It was a great experience to get to know these girls outside of the school setting and see what super athletes they are.

Anyways, so that brings me to the cake. After what I think is 7 months of cheer these girls finally wrapped up their season with a banquet which of course required dessert. Liat gave me the idea to do a horn with the girls names on it which is so cute. Each star has a name of a girl on the squad written in edible ink (ps, my new favourite cake decorating tool). She also request it to be tie dye inside. Super fun! I also made 7 dozen cupcakes to go along with the cake (read in next post).



1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the cakes you've posted since the last time I was here (and I do come by when you post a link! -- you should join Networked Blogs and then it would autopost on FB every time you make an entry.)

    Keep up the great work! and thank GOD I don't work with you -- I'd probably weigh 300 lbs!!

    ReplyDelete